Donavan Stanley wrote:

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:45:39 -0800 (PST), Joe Barnhart
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Why even HAVE releases like 0.17 if there is no
attempt to make them "stable" for those who wish to
use their MythTv boxes like an appliance?

If you're that worried about things, don't upgrade for a couple weeks after a release.

This is exactly what I do to avoid being frustrated by upgrading to
a new release to find out that the problem I was having was fixed but
now there is a new problem.  This way I don't  have to resort to CVS
since if a really nasty problem shows up, Axel usually makes the fix
available in the RPM's pretty quickly after the fix is in.

I for one greatly appreciate all of the work the developers put into this
project and since they are all "donating" their time to it, I can live with
a few little problems here and there.

Anywho, for a data point, I've been running myth since 0.15 and have
never had a recording fail.

--
Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown