LEIA: The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers....

Neil Watson wrote:

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 10:41:31AM -0800, Geoff Scott wrote:

Given one of the posters thoughts, which I think are really good, how
about something like:

"The Big Media Companies are about to buy you.  The Government is
about to sell you.  Do you want to be a digital slave?"

or

"Imagine a world with no fast forward buttons"

Ultimately the broadcast flag will take away our VCRs.  VCRs will be
phased out in favour of DVRs which, when honouring the broadcast flag,
will be less functional.  No more time shifting.

Ultimately, I think this law will fail. Even if it's passed, there will
be mass civil disobedience. There will be a work around. There always
is. People will simply buy offshore devices that shipped in brown paper
boxes.

*Mark L. Cukier*, /Design Engineer/ P&E Microcomputer Systems 710 Commonwealth Avenue Boston, MA 02215 _________________________________
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
phone : (617) 353-9206 x19
fax : (617) 353-9205