Hey folks.

            Has anyone ever used the spdif digital audio output on a motherboard?  I have an asus a8v deluxe that uses a Via8237 audio chipset. I would like to use the digital out but the Myth volume controls are not working on the digital out. It works fine using the analog IE: using the myth volume up and down changes the level. But when I use the digital I get the full volume and no way to control it.

            I believe this is due to not having a fancy pants asoundrc file that is specific to the sound card I am using but I can’t find one anywhere. If anyone has done this before I would appreciate any help you may be able to give me.

Thanks

Brian.

Brian Boyle

Technical Director