SD = Standard Definition/Analog.
HD = High Definition

But SD can also be considered as Standard Digital which is quite
notches above Standard Definition, and a few notches below HD.

AJM, did you a separate remote for the xbox ?

I'm in same boat, I've one HDTV and 2 analogs. For HDTV frontend, I
need a beast box (p4 3ghz+). But for analog, I'd like to get a
cheaper/quiter front end. I just bought the media mvp after reading
some comments about it on this mailing list. Haven't plugged it in
yet. Still struggling with the backend.

Media MVP doesn't run a full fledge mythtv frontend, but if all you
want is watch tv/recording/music (and dont care about other stuff),
then the basic mvp should be fine. For under $100 bucks, it comes with
a functional remote, 10/100 ethernet port, svideo output, h/w decoder,
plays mpeg2 (for mythtv only) and divx (if you run their backend on
windows). But someday, someone will write a on-the-fly transcoder from
mpeg2 to mpeg4 running on linux.

Not advocating mvp/hijacking this thread, just there are some other
options if the requirements are limited.

Thanks
Mudit