Brian J. Murrell wrote:
On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 18:17 +0200, laurentpat wrote:

I would like to know if we can install mythtv in console mode with
frambuffer only. no x windows.
We try to do this in ./configure without success.
Mythtv is based on Qt so I don't know if is it possible

If there were a QT for DirectFB this would be possible, but alas it is
not.  Which is a shame.  X for an STB is just a waste.

b.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that qt4 has support for installing without the gui functionality, and that this could possibly be used to make mythbackend not require X when it is eventually ported to qt4.

Will probably be a long while before this takes place though.