Frank Lynch wrote:
Hi Folks,
I have X running over the TV-out on my PVR-350, everything works quite
well and myth is very impressive. That is, until I attempt to play
back a DVD - a lot of frames get dropped, audio gets out of synch etc.
>From what I've read the problem is that I don't have Xv support in the
version of ivtv that I'm using (fedora core4 following Jarods guide).
I understand that Xv support is available in the development
(unstable) edition of ivtv - can anyone comment on the stability of
this?

0.3.8 is quite stable, and XV works wonderfully. But you also have to build and install the
new Xdriver 0.10.6. You'll find them both here:
   http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/

Don't Panic! ivtv is really quite easy to build and install. The xdriver is more difficult, but still
doable.

Is there a howto or doc anywhere that describes or guides you through
the process of enabling Xv on the 350's TV-Out?

Nothing to it really. Build and install the ivtv 0.3.8 and xdriver 0.10.6, and you're done. Just
use XV and enjoy.

As I mentioned I'm using Fedora Core 4 here - is there a yum
repositiory that I should include in order to pull in the correct
version of ivtv?

Probably not, but I'm not sure. I'm running KnoppMyth R5A16.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin