I'm intrigued by this box, but I can't find any mention of "Myth" on the web site.

I'm looking for a quiet frontend to replace my noisy PC frontend.
I'm only interested in being able to play shows recorded on my backend,
I don't care about any of the other non-TV Myth components.
I'm only doing standard TV (no HD).

What's it take to get this box working with Myth?

Will it play shows from the backend that have been transcoded to MPEG-4?

  - BS

After reading all this about the mini-mac and then someone talking about water cooled I am convinced I made the right decision to go with the Roku HD1000 photobridge.

  http://www.rokulabs.com/products/photobridge/index.php

Pros

-          it is relatively cheap -$299

-          it is fanless

-          build specifically for HDTV  but works fine with SDTV as well

-          The portion of MythTV that is already done works great (front end  record and watch live TV)

-          The roku comes with an remote that will control all of the functions currently available for MythRoku (MythTv roku frontend)

-          Roku as a company is committed to open software and provides a Roku SDK free of charge.

-          Runs other great apps for integrating your PC to your Home entertainment center (ie: Slim Server and others)

Cons

-          it will only run mythTV as a front end

-          The MythTV port is not completely done

-          it is new and has a small but growing developer base for MythTV

I use this product every day, my young kids use this product, and we all love it.

Chris