On 30-Oct-05, at 8:40 PM, Greg Grotsky wrote:

So I imagine that there is another box that your remote talks to and that controls which satellite your dish is aimed at. What I really want to do is have my computer control all the aiming and tuning and not have to deal with satellite numbers and letters. Is there any hardware/software out there that will do this? I just want to tell it to tune to channel X and have the computer adjust everything that it needs to in order to recieve the transmission. A perfect setup! :)

The 4DTV is an integrated receiver with a positioner.

There are C-Band receivers that have RS-232 interfaces for computer control but they're not capable of receiving 4DTV (DigiCipher II) programming.

Mike.