Ben Dash wrote:

N0rm

I'm just finishing off a gentoo mythfrontend xBox and
am running into problems with lirc for the DVD remote.
Unfortunately I didn't have any problem with themes
in my setup, although I had a load of problems trying
to get 2.4.31 kernel to work before throwing in the
towel and going for a 2.6.12.5 kernel instead.

If you manage to get your DVD remote working with lirc
please could you tell me know what you did?

If you need to know anything about my setup please let
me know,

Thanks,

Ben

Hey Ben -- take a look a the attached lircrc -- I simply put it in the /home/live/.mythtv directory and it worked.

Because you are running a Gentoo, you might have to emerge lirc, which I assume you have done already and set up the lircd to startup at boot. Verify its running before you start the frontend.

Norm
# ~/.mythtv/lircrc
#
# MythTV native LIRC config file for
# the Microsoft DVD remote
#
# By Dennis Cartier 2004/05/01
#
# Amalgamated from Jarod Wilson's,
# Amalgamated from Jeff Campbell's,
# .lircrc, the mythtv.org docs, and
# a few touches of my own. :)
#

# Up
begin
prog = mythtv
button = UP
repeat = 4
config = Up
end

# Down
begin
prog = mythtv
button = DOWN
repeat = 4
config = Down
end

# Fast forward (30 sec default)
begin
prog = mythtv
button = RIGHT
repeat = 4
config = Right
end

# Rewind (5 sec default)
begin
prog = mythtv
button = LEFT
repeat = 4
config = Left
end

# Skip forward (10 min default)
begin
prog = mythtv
button = FORWARD
repeat = 4
config = PgDown
end

# Skip backward (10 min default)
begin
prog = mythtv
button = REVERSE
repeat = 4
config = PgUp
end

# OK/Select
begin
prog = mythtv
button = SELECT
repeat = 4
config = Space
end

# Play
begin
prog = mythtv
button = PLAY
repeat = 4
config = Return
end

# Stop
begin
prog = mythtv
button = STOP
config = Esc
end

# Escape/Exit/Back
begin
prog = mythtv
button = BACK
repeat = 4
config = Esc
end

#~ # Power Off/Exit
#~ begin
#~ prog = mythtv
#~ button = OFF
#~ config = Esc
#~ end

#~ # Red means stop!
#~ begin
#~ prog = mythtv
#~ button = RED
#~ config = Esc
#~ end

# Pause
begin
prog = mythtv
button = PAUSE
repeat = 4
config = P
end

#~ # Mute - Xbox has no mixer !! :(
#~ begin
#~ prog = mythtv
#~ button =
#~ repeat = 4
#~ config = F9
#~ end

#~ # Record
#~ begin
#~ prog = mythtv
#~ button = RECORD
#~ repeat = 4
#~ config = R
#~ end

#~ begin
#~ prog = mythtv
#~ button = BLANK
#~ repeat = 4
#~ config = D
#~ end

# OSD browse
begin
prog = mythtv
button = MENU
repeat = 4
config = O
end

# Bring up OSD info
begin
prog = mythtv
button = INFO
repeat = 4
config = I
end

# Bring up XV picture controls
begin
prog = mythtv
button = TITLE
repeat = 4
config = F
end

# Display EPG while in live TV,
# View selected show while in EPG
begin
prog = mythtv
button = DISPLAY
repeat = 4
config = M
end

#~ # Scroll up
#~ begin
#~ prog = mythtv
#~ button = VOL+
#~ repeat = 4
#~ config = Right
#~ end

#~ # Scroll down
#~ begin
#~ prog = mythtv
#~ button = VOL-
#~ repeat = 4
#~ config = Left
#~ end

#~ # Change display aspect ratio
#~ begin
#~ prog = mythtv
#~ button = FULL
#~ repeat = 4
#~ config = W
#~ end

#~ # Seek to previous commercial cut point
#~ begin
#~ prog = mythtv
#~ button = YELLOW
#~ repeat = 4