Ben Dash wrote:

--- Tom Lichti wrote:
Ben Dash wrote:
xbox ~ # ls -la /dev/lir*
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root 61, 0 Nov  1 01:26
/dev/lirc0
srw-rw-rw-  1 root root     0 Nov  1 01:26
/dev/lircd
Any ideas?
Could be a permissions problem on the lirc0 device.
I forget exactly what machinations I had to go through to get it working for me, but I know it wasn't root:root. Maybe try mythtv:mythtv for ownership of the files.

Could anyone else please confirm what they have as
owner and group for their /dev/lir* files?

Since it's mode 666 I would think that I'd be okay but
if have to admit that I've seen some strange problems
to do with ownership, even mode 777, so this is
certainly possible.

Please let me know
Well, my xbox isn't up at the moment so I can't check that, but on the frontend that I had to build lirc for I have this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# ls -la /dev/lirc*
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 5 Oct  5 19:29 /dev/lirc -> ttyS0
srw-rw-rw-  1 root root 0 Nov  1 08:16 /dev/lircd
prw-r--r--  1 root root 0 Oct  5 19:29 /dev/lircm

Obviously it's a serial port IR receiver.

Tom