I want to get rid of any keyboard directly connected to the "device". I want a nice box that fits next to my amp, buttons and displays in the box is ok but not attached to the device. It should be ables to navigate almost everything from the device with the internal display and buttons. The wireless keyboard with built in mouse and the remot should only have to be used when I'm sitting relaxed in the sofa. Just like an ordinary DVD-player or any other device.

Isn't this the purpose of having a computer in a theatre room it is not supposed to look like a server room....

Dewey Smolka wrote:
 If you are thinking of having multiple screens anyway, why not just go the
console
 with keyboard and mouse route?

The whole point of the touchscreen is to do away with the mouse and
keyboard. I've wanted to do this for a while but haven't got around to
it yet, plus touch screens are a bit steep.

A workable compromise to the touch screen is a USB numeric pad
controller -- you get all the navigation through the Myth menus
without the clumsy bulk of the keyboard.