Richard Smith wrote:

Phill Edwards wrote:

I'd like to add external movies in different formats, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, etc.
to MythTV.
The same goes for mp3 and photos.
I couldn't find any documentation related to how can I do it.

For music you need to use the MythMusic application. For photos you
need MythGallery. For external movies it's MythVideo. Have a bit of a
search around for these. There's probably not a huge amount of docco
on them. I think most people just go into the apps and start playing
with them to see how they work.

You will need to go into the Setup screens for them first to tell Myth
which directories the files will all live in.

Regards,
Phill
I'd have to agree with you on the documentation - it really needs a few simple pointers. No doubt if everything works first time it's not hard but I've tried all three and struggled to make them work at first. I'm OK with MythGallery, but still failing with Music.......

Rick

___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Model Search 2005 - Find the next catwalk superstars - http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hot/model-search/

That's odd, what's your soundcard, using OSS/ALSA? etc. Try going into the setup and disabling visualizations at all; some of them could cause a crash if your graphics card doesn't like it (it's a long shot but it did happen to me once).