Brad Fuller wrote:
> Mike wrote:
>> John Biundo wrote:

>>> Have you attempted any integration between Asterisk and Mythtv?  The
>>> obvious one, of course, is doing caller id OSD.  I'm planning to get
>>> that going soon.
>>>
>>> Anything else interesting that people have done?
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> john
>>>
>> You don't need asterisk for that... Just mythnotify from the contrib
>> dir. Thats what I use for callerid via OSD.
>>
> what hw is required? can you use a plain old modem card? Or do you
> need something fancy?

Yep, plain ol modem. As long as you can get it working on linux and it
supports caller id. (most post 28.8 33.6 and 56.6 do in my experience) I
had a serial USR Sportster 56k sitting around from back in the day so I
just hooked that up and set off mythnotify. Now all of the frontends get
a caller id OSD message like this when somebody calls.

http://www.aldorf.no/mythtv/alert.jpg

-Mike