  From: Pati
  To: NailTech@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 6:23 PM
  Subject: NailTech:: Re: was Re: julietting now nail breaks

  Shannon,
   I repair natural nails in a couple of ways...depends on the break. obviously
if the whole nail is broken off..I will usually apply a tip and ac.  If the
client has a nice long nailbed and doesn't wear her nails long i will sculpt a
new one with ac.   For cracks  will use sometimes a wrap (usually for larger,
longer cracks), sometimes glue and powder (chipped corners, small crack,etc)
... sometimes ac (ie: bad break but not off.. when the natural nail has broken
in the nailbed area) .  I seldom repair a natural nail with gel because usually
the client will want to go back to natural once it has grown out...maybe now
with soak off gels that would be ok...I haven't used them yet.

  As far as the economy.....I am just starting back to work and hopefully will
be able to build a small business.  I don't want to be real busy..I will be
happy with maybe 30-40 clients eventually!  Your situation sounds like you are
very happy there....you didn't mention how busy you were or weren't....You did
say you have been doing nails for about a year...have you worked there for a
year...and still not busy???  Have you passed your cards out?  Are your nails
done nicely? all the usual stuff...but sometimes we just forget about it
all....  Even tho we work for someone ...we still have to sell ourselves....
just afew thoughts...

  good luck!

   Pati

  Everyone has a photographic memory.
  Some, like me, just don't have any film.