I didn't prime at all! I thought part of the deal was that you don't
prime so I didn't. There's no priming or prep on Shellac- that's the
part I love. And the only line I've seen that doesn't require it.

On 4/30/10, Rhonda Kibuk <rski...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Those of you who are having trouble soaking off.......are you priming the
> whole nail?  If you prime just the free edge, you get a 10 minute soak off.
> What I do is remove the shine from one hand and prep the cuticles, then
> apply cotton with acetone and wrap in foil (I make soak off packs up ahead
> of time).  While one hand is foiled, I work on the other hand.  After 10
> minutes has elapsed, I remove the foil and the stuff just comes off with a
> cuticle pusher.  Start to finish less than 15 minutes to get it all off.
>
> I find that if you prime the whole nail, especially with the acid free
> primers, you can't get it off.  I was skeptical about only priming the free
> edge thinking that I would have lifing at the cuticle without primer.  If
> you prep correctly, you won't have problems.  I've had what I've had on my
> nails for 23 days now and no lifting, very minimal chipping as well and what
> I have is due to filing into my nails doing nails!  Now you can see 23 days
> worth of regrowth but other than that it looks as it didi the day I applied
> it!

> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:44 PM, <nicolecatl...@aim.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Everybody, just wanted to chime in.
>> First, i just got The Star Nail Eco sog and I really like it. I think It
>> feels just like axxium, however wasnt sure of the cure times. I am doing 2
>> minutes on each layer.  Also, anyone know what top gel you're supposed to
>> use with it??
>> Next, I admit that have several lines of gel polishes because I am a
>> junkie. There.  So I have the Gelish line and I also like it. One of the
>> benefits to Gelish is that SOMEDAY when the led lights are available, cure
>> times go way down.  However I could NOT soak it off  in 15 minutes...more
>> like 20 and that was a pain, still I had to work at it. Yes I broke the
>> seal
>> on the top gel. Someone somewhere said it comes off easily....well tell me
>> HOW!!! So until I can get remove it safely from natural nails I will only
>> be
>> using it over acrylics or gels. I also agree with Maggie, do I want to
>> waste
>> time from the appt prying the stuff off?  I am going to find me a guinea
>> pig
>> to see if the Star will come off. Hopefully it will..I have faith. By the
>> way, the colors in the Star nail kit are really pretty, the gelish colors
>> are somewhat disappointing.
>>
>>  Nicole Tausch
>> 210-495-0047
>> San Antonio Tx
>>
>> --

Sent from my mobile device

Becky F.
Licensed Nail Tech
KC, Mo.

  • NailTech::... nicolecatlady
    • Re: N... Rhonda Kibuk
      • R... Patricia Arsenault
      • R... Becky
        • ... Rhonda Kibuk
          • ... Manicures That Last
          • ... pamela bradley
            • ... Rhonda Kibuk
              • ... Becky Fangmann
      • R... Angela R Wingerter
        • ... Rhonda Kibuk
          • ... Angela R Wingerter
    • Re: N... Elena Desmonie Star Nail Educ ator Posh Nails of Plainview , NY