Priming is only really needed at the free edge to prevent separation,
however, even that isn't necessary.  I've done a set with no primer at all
(because I forgot) and everything was fine.  I think the best way to prevent
separation at the free edge is to make sure you brush the SOG off of the
nail.  Most have a tendency to lift up at the end of the nail when polishing
and do this with SOG.  If you brush it off of the nail, you get a good
connection and a good seal.

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Becky <enhandsme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't prime at all! I thought part of the deal was that you don't
> prime so I didn't. There's no priming or prep on Shellac- that's the
> part I love. And the only line I've seen that doesn't require it.
>
> On 4/30/10, Rhonda Kibuk <rski...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Those of you who are having trouble soaking off.......are you priming the
> > whole nail?  If you prime just the free edge, you get a 10 minute soak
> off.
> > What I do is remove the shine from one hand and prep the cuticles, then
> > apply cotton with acetone and wrap in foil (I make soak off packs up
> ahead
> > of time).  While one hand is foiled, I work on the other hand.  After 10
> > minutes has elapsed, I remove the foil and the stuff just comes off with
> > cuticle pusher.  Start to finish less than 15 minutes to get it all off.
> >
> > I find that if you prime the whole nail, especially with the acid free
> > primers, you can't get it off.  I was skeptical about only priming the
> free
> > edge thinking that I would have lifing at the cuticle without primer.  If
> > you prep correctly, you won't have problems.  I've had what I've had on
> my
> > nails for 23 days now and no lifting, very minimal chipping as well and
> what
> > I have is due to filing into my nails doing nails!  Now you can see 23
> days
> > worth of regrowth but other than that it looks as it didi the day I
> applied
> > it!

> > On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:44 PM, <nicolecatl...@aim.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Everybody, just wanted to chime in.
> >> First, i just got The Star Nail Eco sog and I really like it. I think It
> >> feels just like axxium, however wasnt sure of the cure times. I am doing
> 2
> >> minutes on each layer.  Also, anyone know what top gel you're supposed
> >> use with it??
> >> Next, I admit that have several lines of gel polishes because I am a
> >> junkie. There.  So I have the Gelish line and I also like it. One of the
> >> benefits to Gelish is that SOMEDAY when the led lights are available,
> cure
> >> times go way down.  However I could NOT soak it off  in 15
> minutes...more
> >> like 20 and that was a pain, still I had to work at it. Yes I broke the
> >> seal
> >> on the top gel. Someone somewhere said it comes off easily....well tell
> me
> >> HOW!!! So until I can get remove it safely from natural nails I will
> only
> >> be
> >> using it over acrylics or gels. I also agree with Maggie, do I want to
> >> waste
> >> time from the appt prying the stuff off?  I am going to find me a guinea
> >> pig
> [...]

  • NailTech::... nicolecatlady
    • Re: N... Rhonda Kibuk
      • R... Patricia Arsenault
      • R... Becky
        • ... Rhonda Kibuk
          • ... Manicures That Last
          • ... pamela bradley
            • ... Rhonda Kibuk
              • ... Becky Fangmann
      • R... Angela R Wingerter
        • ... Rhonda Kibuk
          • ... Angela R Wingerter
    • Re: N... Elena Desmonie Star Nail Educ ator Posh Nails of Plainview , NY
      • R... lynnette59
        • ... Lisa Cianciotti