Elaine,
I understand all the back history on all that PLUS how some name brand 
companies also are packaging their products in generic and vice versa. 
There can be more than one place for consumers to look for a salon that they 
want. 
With this Shellac blitzing all over the television, I wanted to have JUST a 
place for potential clients to find what they want. 
I am getting lots of calls for Shellac. I do have a few but only because I can 
say yes. I would prefer the Star or Axxium but they potential client does not 
know that what other products I have are just as good-- if not better. 
Also, monopolies are illegal in the US!!! LOL. So I will try to find the best 
way for people to find us without having to go trafficking through other sites. 
No harm for anyone!!! 
Buenos dias,
Lynnette<--who still needs her red velvet cake!!! LOL. I promise to get to you 
soon. Too much family BS going on. 
http://www.facebook.com/nailtech       Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 10:29:31 
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: NailTech:: How do you feel about this?

Now that I'm on the "inside"... I can give you all a little insight on why
this happens.  At least from the point of view of a company the size of Star
Nail International.  Back in the day, we had distribution all over the USA.
We did not sell direct to Salons.  In the last 5-10 years this had to change
because the smaller distributors were swallowed up by much larger
distributors.  Even still, we have to be careful about how much direct
advertising we do for fear it will piss off a huge distributor.  It wouldn't
be fair of us to distribute to a company and then compete with them for
business.

With the internet beauty sales rising, and lack of distribution at the salon
level, we had to start a site.  BUT we still have some very big companies
carrying our products.

So for the most part, our distributors are the ones that communicate with
the Salons.  But the problem is, a client doesn't go looking for the
"distributor" to find a salon...she may (if her tech was smart and taught
her what products she was using) go looking for the brand.  Now here's the
other slippery slope....customers coming direct to us to purchase the
products you used on them to do their own nails.  We want no part of that.
But if you educate on the brand, they may attempt to do that.

You definitely want to get locally listed.  Business pages for your local
government or tourist information for your location.  I, honestly, don't
think you want the power of that left in the manufacturer's hands.  Now,
Beautytech would be a great spot to do that.  A person looking for a
specific type of tech would come across this site and could find you here.

I hope this helps you guys better understand the positives and negatives.

Kind Regards,
Elaine T. Watson
Star Nail International
Vice President of Marketing and Sales
Global Education Director
800.782.7624 extension 321
fax 661.257.5847
[email protected]
Blog: itsnotarealjob.blogspot.com


On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 9:16 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

> Okay- so my mind has been busy thinking how can we techs who are not
> purchasing whole systems and being punished by being left off the salon
> locator, to fight back!
> Who would be interested in just having your salon name and number AND the
> products you are offering for potential clients to find you?
> I already made a couple of pages and am playing with them to see which ones
> will actually work the best and look more professional.
> It sucks that we are buying these products but maybe not whole systems and
> getting the $#!tty end of the deal.
> I had this happen with two other companies who insisted I sell $3500 of
> their product a year. And it was a PRIVILEGE to be on their locater but only
> if I sold XX amount of $$  screw them. I see a huge money loss for both
> those companies.
> So, who would put their name out there if you are not one of the priveliged
> ones to be blessed with your salon on their locater? LMK
> Buenos dias,
> Lynnette
> http://www.facebook.com/nailtech       Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "NailTech" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nailtech%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.
>
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

Reply via email to