From: "ela...@starnail.com" <elainefromma...@gmail.com>
To: nailtech@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thu, February 17, 2011 3:25:40 PM
Subject: Re: NailTech:: Thoughts RE Entity & reaction...

Great suggestion Karen on the spot test.  However, you all should know that
won't detect allergies 100%.  If your client has been wearing your product and
then BAM one day she is allergic, that is a different type of reaction.  That's
an over exposure allergy as opposed to "my body is allergic to an ingredient
for
life".  She could break out at the finger tips and then nothing on the arm.

When it comes to Acrylic it is almost always the monomer that causes the
allergy.  I've found products with more HEMA (chem to help with adhesion) are
what make the customers exposure allergic.  The more HEMA in the liquid,
(usually) the more violet dye is in the liquid to counter act the Yellowing
from
adding all the HEMA.

Years ago, I had a similar exposure problem with UV Cured Acrylic.  My 6 watt
bulb (the days when 9watt were brand new) wasn't sufficient in curing my
acrylic
completely.  Even though you are not touching the clients skin with the
product,
fumes can be enough to make them nutty if they are allergic from exposure.
Luckily for me, changing to a 4 x 9 watt lamp solved my problem (no more
microscopic uncured acrylic).

The trick will be finding a monomer that the client can tolerate.  But the test
will have to take place on a nail.  You may want to try a UV Cure Acrylic on
her
and cut down her exposure time.  UV acrylic cures in 2-3 mins.  Tradition
acrylic needs to cure through evaporation and the chemical reaction...48 hours
is the total time.

It's a suggestion...ultimately, it'll take some testing to know what works for
her.

Kind Regards,
Elaine T. Watson
Star Nail International