Thanks my love! Not crazy about UV acrylic, would be a huge learning
curve....other suggestions? I gotta tell ya, I can't remember the last time
I let monomer touch a clients skin on purpose... I rarely ever even have to
clean up the sidewalls, could the finishing dust cause the problem? I do use
an efile...
On Feb 17, 2011 3:25 PM, "ela...@starnail.com" <elainefromma...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Great suggestion Karen on the spot test. However, you all should know that
> won't detect allergies 100%. If your client has been wearing your product
> and then BAM one day she is allergic, that is a different type of
reaction.
> That's an over exposure allergy as opposed to "my body is allergic to an
> ingredient for life". She could break out at the finger tips and then
> nothing on the arm.
>
> When it comes to Acrylic it is almost always the monomer that causes the
> allergy. I've found products with more HEMA (chem to help with adhesion)
> are what make the customers exposure allergic. The more HEMA in the
liquid,
> (usually) the more violet dye is in the liquid to counter act the
Yellowing
> from adding all the HEMA.
>
> Years ago, I had a similar exposure problem with UV Cured Acrylic. My 6
> watt bulb (the days when 9watt were brand new) wasn't sufficient in curing
> my acrylic completely. Even though you are not touching the clients skin
> with the product, fumes can be enough to make them nutty if they are
> allergic from exposure. Luckily for me, changing to a 4 x 9 watt lamp
> solved my problem (no more microscopic uncured acrylic).
>
> The trick will be finding a monomer that the client can tolerate. But the
> test will have to take place on a nail. You may want to try a UV Cure
> Acrylic on her and cut down her exposure time. UV acrylic cures in 2-3
> mins. Tradition acrylic needs to cure through evaporation and the chemical
> reaction...48 hours is the total time.
>
> It's a suggestion...ultimately, it'll take some testing to know what works
> for her.
>

> Kind Regards,
> Elaine T. Watson
> Star Nail International
> Vice President of Marketing and Sales
> Global Education Director
> 800.782.7624 extension 321
> fax 661.257.5856
> ela...@starnail.com
> Blog: itsnotarealjob.blogspot.com
>

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 12:29 PM, <keyzka...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> Maybe put a drop of everything you use on one of those "spot" band aids
in
>> a row on the inside of their arm...up near the crease in their elbow.
They