Your welcome Jill,Besides the not capping of the free edge, the base must be super thing. Try picking up your normal amount of base gel, dabbing it on several nails then go back and spread it out, now brush cuticle to free edge as if polishing, making sure the base is just as thin as you can get it.

Lorraine