I wonder how the client retention rate would change if you offer the
deal on services that are viewed more as "continuous?" like
enhancements where people expect that they're making a committment to
fills?

In my area, manis and pedis are popular (especially thanks to uv
polishes now!) BUT clients don't see these services as consistent-- I
guess that's the right word? Like; they see a mani/pedi as JUST a
single service, not part of an ongoing, cohesive routine. Many people
will just pop into which ever salon offers the service they're looking
for whenever they're looking for it, and their choice is made based on
either price or scheduling convenience.

But enhancements are extremely popular here and most people will stick
with a tech once they find one they like, because they already think
of their enhancements as something they will need to get done again
and they have to do them on a regular schedule, they can't just wait
until whenever they have the time or money.

So I wonder if groupon and the like would yield better results in the
retention department if the deal was initially for a service that
clients already thought of as something they will be getting done on a
regular basis?