So true Pati..mine not that bad but toenails are not the same as before chemo!
Debbie G.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

-----Original message-----
From: Pati Schembari <nailg...@aol.com>
To: "nailtech@googlegroups.com" <nailtech@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Dec 10, 2011 02:18:43 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: NailTech:: huh..polish causes nail separation!

Holly,
Chemo is a nasty thing.... It may kill the cancer but it does some crazy things to the rest of your body.... And everyone reacts differently. In my case....with the chemo drug taxotere (buffered taxol) I lost ALL of my nails.... And when they grew back on my hands...oh god are they funky...bumpy, thin, vertical splits...on my feet....it seems the left foot mirrored the right. For instance big toes....both had vertical splits on the left sides..with pieces of the nail on the side missing....kinda looks like I did a real bad ingrown toenail fix. My toes next to the pinky toes never grew back correct...both are baby thin.. My fingernails have some separations...especially the thumb nails. So unless she has a severe allergy to nail polish, I would say it was the chemo...jmho....

Pati