I have one client similar to this.  She's been an on/off gel polish client
for about a year because nothing has worked.  She IS a peeler.  I'd given
her THE TALK  a few months ago about what SHE does to her nails when SHE
peels them off.  She fully understands and accepts that she is the one doing
the damage.

We tried a primer on her free edge before the gel polish, and it didn't help
either.   I've just switched her to a NNO with gel, and her gel polish on
top.  She just went 3 weeks (a first) and came earlier this week to get them
rebalanced, they were all still intact and she was very happy.

When I prep them I buff away all of the peelies and keep the nails short.
For what it's worth, I'm using Linkage on her (primer).  So far so good but
it's still early.

Laura M.