Now that you've taken it down, that should suffice. It sounds very
fishy, too, cause normally from what I understand they first send you
a letter explaining your violation and then tell you to remove it
immediately. They traditionally do not shake people down for money
right at the beginning. I'd definitely not pay a lawyer and I'd
definitely not pay this company anything, not even if you bargained
with them to lower the fee. It probably is some kind of scam.

The company has to first sue you in court to get a judgment, and that
will cost them way more than the $780 they're trying to charge you.
And going thru the suit process just for $780 seems very unlikely,
since that would also take months. I'd just tell them that you've
taken the image down now that you're aware there was a problem and if
they want any more from you they'll have to file a lawsuit.

If by some odd, small chance that this company is legit and they do
sue you, it'll take months and months. Then you'll get a notice to
appear in court (due to the amount it''ll probably be in small claims
court) and at that point you can call the company back and negotiate
for a smaller settlement if you want.

But think about it....anyone can send anyone a typed up, legal looking
letter thru the mail and demand money for some random infraction that
may or may not be true. Naive, honest people and old people
automatically pay it with no questions asked  because they get scared
that their credit will be ruined. And it's true that there isn't a
debtors prison. They could be sitting at home trolling the internet or
Facebook for beauty related businesses and sending hundred or
thousands of people letters such as this. Think of the amount of money
this alleged company or scam artist is making just if 10% of their
targets pay up?

You may want to also check this out on snopes.com where they list
recent scams and such.

Jill Wright
Bowling Green, KY