On Oct 14, 2006, at 11:41 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

From the PC:

- how about a real keynote speaker?

We discussed this during our meeting in St. Louis, and hope to
have a "real" keynote speaker in Toronto.  We do have someone
in mind, and the invitation should be extended soon.  If you
(or anyone) have suggestions, please mail the PC.  Bonus points
if it's someone you can help persuade.  (Note that we don't have
any budget for speaking fees and the like.)

- how about some working groups? (this is where a can-do
  attitude is better than a reason why we can't)

Do you mean RIPE-style working groups, or PC subcommittees?
If the former, what working groups would you like to see,
and how should we organize them?  If the latter, then yes,
that's a promising idea.

- anonymous votes (how many voted down or up on a preso,
  but named preso)

The PC doesn't work that way.  PC members rate the presentations,
but the ratings are used only as an aid in determining consensus
during our conference calls.  The chair decides what the consensus
is.  If the chair does a poor job of that, that chair can be replaced
by the PC or kicked out by the SC.

In any event, I am opposed to making public the details of presentations
which were not accepted.

From the SC:

- take the MLC serious and put the chair in the SC calls

This is under discussion by the SC.  Check the minutes after
the meeting of 11/19.

        Steve