On 16-Oct-2006, at 12:47, Curtis Villamizar wrote:

Would it help if you could see anonymous ratings without the comments
that go with the ratings?  Providing the comments would just mean
people wouldn't record some (maybe most) of their comments and would
have to make comments on the call.

I'm concerned (as someone else in this thread was, I think) that publishing ratings for specific talks would be a disincentive for new speakers to propose talks. Being publicly shamed for a first attempt at submitting a proposal seems like a poor way to persuade people to try again.

I think we need to put more effort into helping new speakers to present well, rather than dissuading them from trying in the first place. The PC had some ideas about this during the face-to-face in St Louis.

Joe (no longer on the PC)