> Since the PC has diverse expertise, it seems to make
> sense to consider that instead of ratholing them into one
> large group of 'follow the leader' that we give them even
> more independence and allow them to be creative in
> smaller groups that allows _more_ participation that
> is practical, vs. less. That's where the tie in to the
> inverse ratings I'm suggesting comes in as well.

Once again, I find myself in agreement with you.
We should indeed give the PC more independence and
not attempt to micromanage how they achieve their
goals. Suggestions? Yes! Micromanagement? No!

Bill Norton's post was a fine example of creative
thinking and has some suggestions that the PC can
chew on. But as he said himself:

    The Program Committee should be free
    to set things up this way

Note the word "free".