On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, william(at)elan.net wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Gadi Evron wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, william(at)elan.net wrote:
> >>
> >> As to his lock of modesty and style when referencing other people's
> >> work I suggest you take it up with him privately if you think its
> >> worth your time. Otherwise I really don't see what nanog-l can do
> >> about it as its not a academic paper submissions list and should
> >> not become one...
> >
> > Quick question: is a link not good enough? What are NANOG guidelines on
> > referncing a URL? Full name, and all authors?
>
> Like I said, it should not be requirement or any kind of a policy
> but personally I'd like to see both url and name of the person who
> wrote the web article (unless its written by person posting), if
> more then one author, depending on how many either list them or
> list first one and indicate there are more authors. Italso sometimes
> myself would put full name & date of the article - this is mainly
> useful for when doing future searches, i.e. if URL is no longer valid.

Thanks. I guess I will just live with the current trend of Gadi hating,
which is libel accusations. Same people will be finding something else
next year. It used to be about me working for the Israeli Government
(they blamed me for having a secret agenda back then).

As long as on-list folks tell me my data, my referenced data and my
contributions are welcome, they will keep coming.

Have a good weekend and many thanks,

        Gadi.