On 9-Oct-2007, at 1206, Stephen Wilcox wrote:

i'm not sure that sounds like improvement. why cant the charter just allow them to decide a presentation is worth having without going through all the hoops that Paul mentions if its appropriate?

I think the charter gives the PC lots of latitude (and will give the PC more latitude if the amendment that Bill mentioned is passed).

It has been my observation in past meetings that there are usually slots available for last-minute topics to be included, if the topics are pertinent and the material is good. I seem to think the Taiwan cable cut fell into that category during NANOG 39, but perhaps my memory is faulty.

It seems possible that the PC didn't have space for Paul's presentation at the time he suggested it, or didn't think it was a good match for NANOG, or simply didn't like it.

Joe