On 30-Oct-2007, at 12:55, Andy Davidson wrote:

I would support the creation of a mail-operators list (& agenda time for a mailops bof, since a lot of networks are small enough to mean that netops and sysops are often the same guys) if it's deemed to be offtopic on nanog-l.

Mail seems to be one of those topics which is of interest to many nanog subscribers, but simultaneously annoying to many (presumably different) nanog subscribers.

Given that observation, creating a [EMAIL PROTECTED] list for the discussion of "e-mail operations" as a bounded experiment seems like a reasonable thing to do.

Success at the end of the experiment ought to be fairly easy to judge; I think most people find it relatively easy to gauge whether a list is useful, even though codifying the precise criteria for success may well be difficult.

Joe (no longer in any official capacity)