On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 8:00 PM Kaiser, Erich <er...@gotfusion.net> wrote:

> So it has been 3 weeks of major ICMP packet loss to any google service over
> the Dallas Equinix IX, it is not affecting performance of service but is
> affecting us with customer complaints and service calls due to some software
> using it for monitoring purposes people using it for benchmark testing.  I
> have been told from them that they know the cause now and know that a Large
> ISP on the IX is causing the issue(Hmm wonder who that is...), so why do they
> not shutdown the peer with them and force the ISP to fix the issue?  This
> issue is affecting everyone on the IX not just us, very very frustrating.
> Hopefully this will reach someone over there that can do something about
> it.....

(already did this: "something about  it")

I suppose it's time for a more public:
  "Hey, when you want to test a service, please take the time to test
that service on it's service port/protocol"

Testing; "Is the internet up?"
by pinging a DNS server, is ... not great ;(
I get that telling 'joe/jane random user' this is hard/painful/ugh...
:( (haha, also look at cisco meraki devices!! "cant ping google dns,
internet is down")

Sorry :(

-chris