On Jan 5, 2010, at 11:05 AM, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:

> I'm sure Arbor is really neat but I disagree that any DDoS appliance is a
> standalone solution.

I disagree with this proposition, too.

S/RTBH and/or flow-spec are great DDoS mitigation tools which don't require any
further investment beyond the network infrastructure an operator has already
purchased and deployed.  These should be the first mitigation tools anyone
deploys; in many cases, they're all that's needed.

> I don't expect an employee of the vendor themselves to attest to this though.

Wrong again.

;>

Roland Dobbins <rdobb...@arbor.net> // <http://www.arbornetworks.com>

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken