On Jan 5, 2010, at 11:41 AM, Christopher Morrow wrote:

> (note I think Roland may have been party to some of the presenations I linked
> in this...

Yes, sir, and thanks for posting those links!  You and Barry and Tim Battles
and Sean Donelan and Danny McPherson and Don Smith and Steve Bellovin and Jared
Mauch and John Kristoff and a lot of other folks too numerous to mention here
have contributed greatly to advancing the state of the art and generating the
body of real-world opsec material out there, which it behooves all network
operators to study and take into consideration in their own contexts.

I also highly recommend this book by Dave Smith and Gregg Schudel of Cisco -
it's the best (and only!) book on real-world opsec out there, available in
dead-tree, Kindle, and Adobe Reader formats:

<http://www.amazon.com/Router-Security-Strategies-Securing-Network/dp/1587053365/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262667257&sr=8-1>

[Full disclosure; I'm cited in the book, but received and continue to receive
no renumeration of any kind due to same.]

Here's another preso on this same topic which may be of interest:

<http://files.me.com/roland.dobbins/k54qkv>

Roland Dobbins <rdobb...@arbor.net> // <http://www.arbornetworks.com>

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken