On Aug 3, 2012, at 21:05 , "Otis L. Surratt, Jr." <o...@ocosa.com> wrote:

> I was thinking about End User in a sense of one to simply consume a product
> or a service offered by a service provider. However, I should have left room
> for those that are assigned GUA space by a service provider and reassign
> space to their end users. (i.e. Allocated /48 and reassign /64 or /56)

That shouldn't happen... If you are acting as an LIR, you should be getting at
least a /32 and you should be assigning at least a /48 to your end users.

> I do agree that the infrastructure and management costs out way the costs of
> provider independent space. I agree it would be extremely difficult to setup
> some sort of fee for any prefix size in IPv6.
>
> Then it's fair to say the approach should be simply to chalk the lose in IPv4
> revenue and move on. It's not a big concern for us. I was just curious as to
> the large providers that make extra money off those wanting more IPv4
> addresses.

Is it really a loss? If you're doing things right, IPv4 is costing you more and
more and more money every year. When your IPv4 revenue goes away, so should
your IPv4 costs.

Owen