I don't quite follow you. Whether or not it's a
Microsoft library or one of my own, I still need to
detect whether the library has changed and therefore a
rebuild is required. For either case I need to search
a "library path".

http://devcon.sprintpcs.com/adp/index.cfm?source=osdntextlink

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com