The .NET code required to create a windows service is minimal, and therefore
it would be fairly trivial to decouple it from the Autonomy core.
Additionally there are a couple of places in the VSS and DevEnv integration
that use the registry.  We have no need for these modifications but if
anybody submits the changes we will integrate them.

I'm not sure exactly how a "web-app" version would work.  Obviously it would
be possible to manually start builds via a web interface, but how would it
poll the repository and automatically kick off builds when a change is
detected?

If you want to discuss this further, then we should probably take it to
autonomy's dev list.  Subscription info can be found on
http://www.chive.com/products/autonomy.

MG