Hi Scott

> 2.) ChangeLog (We need to build this by hand from the cvs changes. This is
> not a very attractive option, but I don't know of another way). If anyone
> knows how to get a list of changes from cvs since the last release (by tag
> or date) please let me know. Right now the I can do it, but it is
> about 90%
> duplicate text and very hard to read.

I found this utility http://www.red-bean.com/cvs2cl/ and ran it against the
nant repository.  The generated output is attached (generated using the
command "perl ..\cvs2cl.pl --delta rel-0-7-9-0:HEAD").

> 3.) Readme and installation docs. There have been a lot of
> changes since the
> last release. I want users to see that and not flood the list
> with questions
> we can answer upfront. :)

This is a good point, but I think that most people are using the HEAD of CVS
anyway.

> 4.) The website, userdocs, and references; these can wait as we
> are still a
> pre-1.0 release.

I agree.  I'm guessing that most people really just want to see the HEAD
'legitimised' by stamping it with a final version number.

> We have a MSI task in NAntContrib that I want to use, but for now we will
> continue to distribute as a Zip file. Maybe after we release
> NAntContrib we
> can do a combined MSI distributions with tools and all.

Yep, that's what I would do.  Just zip it up and release it for now.  You
can always create a new release in a few weeks with updated docs, readme's
and possibly an installer.

Let me know if you want me to undertake any specific tasks.  I've can manage
a few hours of daytime work over the next week or so.

-MG