Hello Nicklas,

probably, the best way to fill the gap would be to implement
<try/catch/finally> task as it is done in Ant. I considered starting
to implement this functionality, but at the time I learnt about the
way it is done in Ant, I'd already made the "onfail" patch which we
use now in our build-scripts. It allows to call arbitrary task on
some task or target failure (you just have to add
"onfail='taskToCall'" attribute to the corresponding task/target
element). I've sent here this patch, but surely it was not so nice as
a solution of the problem, <try/catch/finally> should be a better way.

I have all my projects building with "onfail" patch, and it works, so
I gave up trying to do some new thing which no one needs except me.
Now probably, the time has come to do such a thing, still, it should
be thoroughly though over, how to do it in a right way.

ps: see http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/trycatch.html for ant
<trycatch> task description.

Best regards,
 Ivan                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]