-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Martin
Aliger
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 9:20 AM
To: Nicklas Norling; 'Gert Driesen'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [nant-dev] 2 small changes to consider

Hello

> > > 1) Multiple files: Added a project level variable called
> > > nant.project.failure, such that a you can allow a task or
> > group of tasks
> > > to complete regardless of failure using failonerror=false, and
> > > then afterwards check the value of nant.project.failure to
> > > determine if a failure occurred. Very useful for batch nunit
> > > tests, and gathering a report of the tests before checking if a
> > > failure occurred
> > and throwing a
> > > fail.

> This points out a gap in nant as I see it. What Jeff has made a patch
> for is actually a pretty large gap in functionality in nant.
> Controlling the flow using failure detection and also log that neatly
> for other tools to pick up (CCNet comes to mind) is challenging to say
> the least.

Agree. And one global property is not general solution. It is just the flag
- it didnt say why it failed, how many tasks failed, etc.

The same matter I tried to solve with inter-task communication I presented
some time ago. So you could give task failonerror=false and then check
resulting "output" from task what is done, what fails etc etc.

<trycatch> task is another possibility. Maybe they could exists both and
catch block could get "output" from failed task to examine why it fails.

Regards,
Martin