----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Mastracci" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gert Driesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Nant-Developers (E-mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: [nant-dev] Re: Solution task fixes + speedups

> Oh - you're right, I had a bunch of reference paths in the project's
> .user file.  I deleted my .user file and ended up with the same
> behaviour.  Looks like VS.NET is ignoring the HintPath in this case and
> just using the AssemblyFolder version of the .DLL.

Yeps

> So anyways, I finally understand that you are correct - VS.NET does
> check AssemblyFolders before HintPath.  IMHO this is a strange way to do
> things.  VS.NET doesn't make it easy to easily reproduce a build between
> two machines, does it?

No, definitely not.  In my opinion, VS.NET should only use AssemblyFolders
if the AssemblyFolderKey is set on the reference.

> Unfortunately, I need to build on a clean system that doesn't have any
> csproj.user files.  Perhaps I'll just delete the AssemblyFolders key
> from the registry on the build machine.

Kind of drastic, no ?

> Sorry for doubting.  ;)

No problem.  Even I have doubts about myself from time to time ;)

Do you have time to add support for the ReferencesPath attrribute to our
reference resolving procedure ?

I really would like to set up a small team of developers to focus on
improving/refactoring the <solution> task, would you be interested ?