Gert Driesen wrote:

So anyways, I finally understand that you are correct - VS.NET does
check AssemblyFolders before HintPath.  IMHO this is a strange way to do
things.  VS.NET doesn't make it easy to easily reproduce a build between
two machines, does it?

No, definitely not. In my opinion, VS.NET should only use AssemblyFolders if the AssemblyFolderKey is set on the reference.

I agree! :)

Unfortunately, I need to build on a clean system that doesn't have any
csproj.user files.  Perhaps I'll just delete the AssemblyFolders key
from the registry on the build machine.

Kind of drastic, no ?

Since the AssemblyFolder stuff doesn't take into account versioning (we use two different versions of the ComponentOne stuff and need both for a successful build), we need to be able to specify the exact version that we're linked against. C1 is an example of a 3rd party library that can't be upgraded from a specific version without *something* breaking. :)

We also can't really check in the csproj.user file, since each developer has their own copy (it's not really meant to be checked in anyways).

Do you have time to add support for the ReferencesPath attrribute to our
reference resolving procedure ?

Do you mean reading the csproj.user files? Sure.

I suppose we should probably add in some debugging traces for reference resolution. It would make it easier to figure out why a DLL is getting picked up from the wrong place.

I really would like to set up a small team of developers to focus on
improving/refactoring the <solution> task, would you be interested ?

Yep. Just let me know and I'll see if I can allocate a bit of time to help out.

Matt.

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click _______________________________________________ nant-developers mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/nant-developers