Feel free to provide a proposal. GUI/Web design isn't really my cup of tea.

> Also, the default size of the menu on the left is taller than the page
> itself!  If using a similar menu system to this, it might be worth
> collapsing the user manual section by default, and also to combine
> Releases and Nightly Builds into a single Downloads section, also
> collapsed by default.

The Release and Nightly Builds section do not just provide downloads. They
also contain links to the docs matching each release/nightly build.

> For the non-javascript people, the Downloads
> link would replace the Releases and Nightly Builds links, since they
> go to the same page anyway.

That was a mistake in my proposal. The Nightly Builds item should have no
link, or have the same links as the Archive section.

> Then again, it might just be an excuse to
> put more content in the front page.

Guess I'd prefer a good menu and more content ;-)

> Actually, the Contributing section perhaps should change names, or the
> Mailing Lists section perhaps be moved to the bottom of the
> Documentation section?

Th documentation section is already quite large (definitely in the last
update, see below), but I agree that there are matches of naming and content
:-)

> Finally, wrt the header blurb... is it worth extending it slightly, to
> something like "In practice it's a lot like Ant, with expressions and
> scripting support"?  I think NAnt is firmly coming into its own from
> its Ant roots. :-)

I agree. I'll modify it (if I don't forget).

> As a first cut, it certainly feels more functional (and professional
> :-) than the current page.  I think it's certainly worth ironing out
> any issues and updating the site with a trendy new look.

For now, I'm only updating the home page itself. We'll need to look into
modifying the other pages, while keeping it maintainable.

> Let me know if you want a hand with the script behind the hierarchical
> menus, I'm not exactly a web designer, but I've done my dash with
> javascript (including *shiver* cross-browser support) and would be
> willing to look at any issues.

Have a look at the "update" I sent as reply to Orion's feedback.