Myself and other members of the NAnt community still help people out
whenever possible.

However, I agree that the responsiveness could indeed be better.

> - nant developers are very busy and  progress is slow

We definitely have a lack of contributors. With this I'm not talking about
people that post new tasks, but we need developers & designers for improving
the NAnt core.

> - the people above does not accept contributions (?)

We definitely do (but again, our responsiness could be better).

> - nant-contrib should be the way to go but not much
> responsiveness there too

The NAnt team decided quite a while ago that new tasks should first be added
the NAntContrib project to allow these tasks to become more mature.

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but nant "core" is okay, now it has
> to only get
> rich in tasks and become the ultimate make system you can do
> everything
> you can imagine with? Or nant is heading other way?

NAnt core is indeed pretty stable, but it could always do with some
performance improvements.

> My primary concern is about the contributions. Nant can move
> pretty fast
> forward if the people actually using it are allowed to take
> part. Not to
> throw the project in the wild where everyone does whatever he
> likes with
> it, but "controlled" contributions of new tasks and task enchantments
> with voting and open discussion before. Currently, the tons of
> deprecated task attributes shows the planning is a weak side.
>
> Opinions or I'm gonna be hanged? ;)

You're definitely not gonna get hanged. We welcome all feedback!

Are you volunteering to become part of the NAntContrib team ?

If you are, first start by submitting patches to the NAntContrib developer
list for review. If your patches meet our quality level, we'll make you a
member of the project.

After that, you can dive into the NAnt codebase.

What do you think ?