Vitezslav Kotrla wrote:
> When I let both nautilus and gthumb 2.10.8 show the same folder, I can
> see that gthumb starts thumbnailing as soon as data are being written to
> the file. Nautilus is a bit late - it starts showing non zero filesize
> not util gthumb has already finished thumbnailing, but then at last
> nautilus itself starts re-thumbnailing the watched file (sorry for my
> lame English).
>
> When I close gthumb and leave only nautilus open, file gets only generic
> icon, not thumbnail.
>
> To check for mtime I issued 'watch -n 1 ls -l --full-time', I can see
> mtime progressively changing when data is being written.

OK, gthumb is working correctly and Nautilus is not.

Perhaps Nautilus is not re-reading the file mtime after it re-schedules
thumbnailing (during THUMBNAIL_CREATION_DELAY_SECS).

Please file a bug report at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=nautilus, under the
"Thumbnails" component. Please report what version of Nautilus you are
using.

A link to a sample image and a typical dcraw command (or some other
"slow" command) should also be reported, to help reproduce the problem.

- Mike