Zoran, thank you very much for your message.

Zoran Vasiljevic wrote:
> I would not go
> in much detail there as I think that even that is a UGLY
> solution (rather complicated and error-prone, although with some
> nice side-effects regarding memory footprints...).

I would be happy if nstrace was working for me as well (I mean, I see
the benefits) but, currently, the modified init.tcl file from 4.99.1 was
the only thing that made things work fine for me with the latest
versions of NS.

 > I cannot promise but I may try to see if this will work OK for you.
> Unfortunately I can't make that before this weekend.

I have no hard deadline. It would be nice, however, if it was ready in
the next couple of weeks. If not, I can live with the modified init.tcl
from 4.99.1 as long as someone can confirm that it is more or less ok
(or if it's missing something obvious, just point it out).

Best wishes,
Neophytos