On 14.09.2006, at 22:10, Stephen Deasey wrote:

But now the initiating thread is tied up with an idle wait -- i.e. you
can't intiate the job and have it run in the background.  This
issolates the code externaly, but it requires resources (a thread) for
each job you start.

The ns_job command can handle detached jobs.

True. There you go... signals? Or when we make the Win port
some other magic Windows stuff?
Well, I'm open to suggestions...
Syntax?

Per-pool, I guess, at least for hard limits. Otherwise each proxy
could only handle one job.  You could get fancy and re-set soft limits
for each job, for some proxy pool for general jobs, but that sounds
like version 2...

Yes! Version 2... The most important thing for us at this moment
is to get a stable code.
I will put this all into an RFE so we don't forget it over time.