I have no idea, i spent too much time on this still without realizing what i am doing and what to expect :-)))

Zoran Vasiljevic wrote:
On 19.12.2006, at 17:08, Vlad Seryakov wrote:

I converted all to use pthreads directly instead of Tcl wrappers, and
now it does not crash anymore. Will continue testing but it looks like
Tcl is the problem here, not ptmalloc

Where does it crash? I see you are just using
Tcl_CreateThread
Tcl_MutexLock/Unlock
Tcl_JoinThread
Those just fallback to underlying pthread lib.
It makes no real sense. I believe.