The original poster stated he was using TCNC, which only does step and direction signaling, as far as I know. (I've got 3 machines running with it.)
I agree that USB would probably work with smart controllers that aren't sensitive to data timing. There is disagreement about using USB converters to generate step and direction pulses. Kim On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 16:35 +0000, Paul wrote: > If it was a case of sending vector & velocity data to a smart > controller, then > I would concur that it is viable. As you point out, there are a number > of > devices now on the market that work. Why, there are even motion sub- > systems > to plug in to ethernet and CAN bus. BUT they all use vector/velocity > or > coordinate data and spit out the step/dir signals (for stepper > motors). In > effect, taking the high speed loop out of the PC and putting it into a > smart > controller. -- Kim Lux (Mr.) Diesel Research Inc Addresses: FAQ: http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html FILES: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO/files/ Post Messages: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] List owner: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] Moderator: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [Moderators] URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto: aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have trouble. http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jobshophomeshop I consider this to be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list. NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........ bill List Mom List Owner Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
