Update<> - I tried with batchinsertIndexProvider with both lucene and also
mapDB(the same code from here
http://www.programcreek.com/java-api-examples/index.php?api=org.neo4j.unsafe.batchinsert.BatchInserters

).
Still the lookup takes so much time. For around 100+ million relationships
its taking around 6+ hours.