Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response. Now I used this config with batchinserter, still
its very slow.

cache_type=none
use_memory_mapped_buffers=true
# 14 bytes per node
neostore.nodestore.db.mapped_memory=30G
# 33 bytes per relationships
neostore.relationshipstore.db.mapped_memory=30G
# 38 bytes per property
neostore.propertystore.db.mapped_memory=50G
# 60 bytes per long-string block
neostore.propertystore.db.strings.mapped_memory=50G
neostore.propertystore.db.index.keys.mapped_memory=50G
neostore.propertystore.db.index.mapped_memory=50G
dbms.pagecache.memory =50G

*****************************************************************************************************8
Exaplaining my code:(using batchinserterindex)

private BatchInserterIndexProvider indexProvider = new
LuceneBatchInserterIndexProvider(getInserter());

1)Index Creation:

BatchInserterIndex index = indexProvider.nodeIndex(indexName, EXACT_CONFIG);
 index.setCacheCapacity("ID", 10000000);

index.add(NeonodeID, keyValPair(ID, "asdasdasdasdasd");

3)using the index for lookup:
index.get("ID", "asdasdasdasdasd").getSingle();

Please let me know if I am missing something here. Your help in this is
much appreciated.

Thanks

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 11:53 PM, 'Michael Hunger' via Neo4j <
neo4j@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Perhaps you can share your  code?
> I think it is rather the too low pagecache config
>

> Von meinem iPhone gesendet
>
> Am 10.07.2016 um 12:32 schrieb Ganesh Selvaraj <ganeshkumar1...@gmail.com
> >:
>
> Update<> - I tried with batchinsertIndexProvider with both lucene and also
> mapDB(the same code from here
> http://www.programcreek.com/java-api-examples/index.php?api=org.neo4j.unsafe.batchinsert.BatchInserters
> ).
> Still the lookup takes so much time. For around 100+ million relationships
> its taking around 6+ hours.
>
> On Sunday, July 10, 2016 at 8:26:49 PM UTC+12, Ganesh Selvaraj wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using batchinserter in my work to import large amounts of data
>> initially.
>> I am aware that there is a neo4j import tool, but I am not using it, as
>> we do some transformations programatically.
>>
>> When using batchinserter, after creating nodes, I use a map to store the
>> domainId-Neoid references. And later while creating relationships I lookup
>> the map for every relationship to find the corresponding Neoid.
>> Now since I am dealing with lot of relationships, the map I use is
>> slow(Tried java map, mapDb maps).
>> Can some one help with some idea to speed up the lookup process ? I am
>> also keen to know how neo4j import tool (how it handles lookups) works as
>> it is super fast.
>> Your help in this is much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ganesh